My mate Greg and I achieved something of a milestone last week while recording, scrapping previous attempts at faithful tracks in an effort to draft a working structure, something coherent we could use to refer to, practice to, etc.
We tracked out a rough demo of an entire song, tracking (and then re-tracking) seven different guitar and bass layers in order to achieve an instrumental record of a song I wrote years ago. It’s a great success, and were it not kind of personal and weird, I would share it with you now. Instead, we’ll wait for the finished product.
At the very least, we’ve got a working method now, and the next session is set for this coming Wednesday. Here goes nothing.